Khirbat

Khirbat al-Jawfa

Contributed by Turathuna Bethlehem University on 19.01.2007:

Khirbat al-Jawfa Before 1948

The village stood on the top of a small circular plateau that extended from the northern slope of a mountain (Jabal Faqqu'a). It overlooked the Jordan Valley to the north and northeast, and was linked by a dirt path to the village of Tall al-Shawk in Baysan District. It was classified in the Mandate era as a hamlet by the Palestine Index Gazetteer(...)

View Contribution