Showing 61 - 80 from 125 entries
> The Tabun
> Best Foods from Palestine
> Palestinian Tabouleh in Guiness Book of Records - 2006
> Winter Traditions in Palestine
> Maklouba with eggplant
> Waraq Dawali
> Mahashi Recipe
> Juices, Pickles and Spirits
> Traditional Dishes in Palestine
> Meals and Foods
> Old Medical Recipes
> Welcome Coffee/Goodbye Coffee
> The Evolution of the Palestinian Kitchen
> The fig and grape seasons (mawasim al tazib):
> The Olive –Picking Season (mawsim al-zaytun):
> Harvest Time
In the past the Arabs were adroit in the use and preparation of medicinal herbs.
The following are some recipes they used:
- For colic, drink boiled sage.
- For cleaning the stomach, drink boiled chamomile.
- For cleaning the lungs and for colds, drink boiled thyme.
- For reducing blood-pressure drink boiled olive leaves.
- For diarrhea, drink tea and mint or sage and mint.
- For retention of urine, drink boiled parsley or eat it.
- For kidney stones, drink boiled parsley or eat it raw.
- For helminthiasis squash seeds are eaten raw or a colocynth plant suppository is used.
- For snake bite garlic is rubbed on the place of the bite or it is sucked and spat several times.
- For hoarseness a small amount of linen seeds is roasted, pounded, garbled and mixed with two spoonfuls of honey and one spoonful of ghee or butter. A spoonful of it is taken in the evening and another in the morning.
Source:"Bethlehem, The Immortal Town" by Giries Elali.